Saturday, August 29, 2009

Introduction

After years of resistance, I've decided to join the world of the bloggers. After all, I and many others enjoy the blogs of my daughter Miranda. So it's reasonable that Dad should get to write also.

The topics in this blog will be varied, I expect, and hopefully brief. If the brevity doesn't directly inspire its soulmate wit, at least I'll try to make each one interesting. Where appropriate, I will add a link if there is a site better suited to discourse on a topic than this.

No doubt some of these contributions will be in the form of a rant. It's unreasonable to expect my wife Kim to be the only one who has to suffer such diatribes, so perhaps I can share my thoughts with a wider audience.

However, most of these blogs will contain positive commentary. Likely subjects will include travel, dogs, railroads, beer, birds, music, history, Boston and of course bridge. No doubt I'll be consulting my son Will on occasion for opinions too, especially when it comes to history, sports, etc.

As for the title, you may recognize it as an allusion to William Cobbett's Rural Rides. It's a fun alliteration that has some suggestion of our home's bucolic setting.

Next blog: La Belle France.

Happy reading,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment